Skip to content
Friday fun: Your home!
jlcohen78 posted:
Ok ladies, it's Friday!!! YAY! It's a slow morning for me so lets get a poll going.....

Tell us about your home.

Do you own/rent?

How many square feet?

How many bedrooms/bathrooms?

Basement/attic/garage?

How big is your yard?

What do you like best about your home?

What do you like least about your home?

Anything else????

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
Tell us about your home.

Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? apx 1300

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 3 bedroom 2 bathroom

Basement/attic/garage? Large crawlspace & just storage space in the attic

How big is your yard? Almost an acre

What do you like best about your home? The backyard!

What do you like least about your home? Need more room!

Anything else????

bcfrost816 responded:
Do you own/rent? we own our home

How many square feet? it is about 2200 square feet

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? we have 3 bedrooms plus a loft and 2 and a half bathrooms.

Basement/attic/garage? we have a two car garage and a full unfinished basement

How big is your yard? I would say our yard is fairly average for a neighborhood, but bigger than some. Our lots are pretty big, probably bigger than average. It is fenced in, which I love.

What do you like best about your home? I love the layout, it is very open. It has a grand entryway, and you can see upstairs into the loft area. Oh, and my absolute favorite is that our laundry room is upstairs where the bedrooms are, love it!!

What do you like least about your home? I don't like that the half bath is right next to the kitchen. I like to have privacy when I go to the bathroom, so I hate that our guests have to use that one. I always offer the other bathrooms uptsairs to them.

Anything else????

jlcohen78 responded:
Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? 2,600 sq feet of living space

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 4 br, 2.5 bath

Basement/attic/garage? Attic and basement are both unfinished. Attached garage. We're hoping to finish the basement in a few years for a play room --- our family room is being over-run with toys!

How big is your yard? I think our lot is 180ft by 90ft.

What do you like best about your home? It has hardwood floors throughout, lots of room for storage.

What do you like least about your home? The wallpaper. Five years later and we're still working on getting it all down. And I wish that we had an eat-in kitchen.

miob responded:
Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? 1400 sq ft

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 3 (technically - we use one as a dining room)/1

Basement/attic/garage? all - but the attic is useless and DH has claimed the garage

How big is your yard? Big! I love our backyard - it's over an acre. I was willing to settle for the smaller house to have the bigger yard.

What do you like best about your home? We have a little brook that runs at the edge of the property in the back. I think DS will have a ball exploring it when he gets bigger.

What do you like least about your home? The size. Kinda small. Hoping to remedy that at some point by finishing the basement.

Anything else???? We moved from a busy neighborhood in a nearby town to our current location in the middle of nowhere. There are woods behind us and an apple orchard across the street. In the winter, the deer cross through our yard to go to the orchard. It's really a great place to live. I love it.

cduffy responded:
Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? 1500

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 3 beds 2 baths

Basement/attic/garage? None. Well, it's a trilevel...does that count as a basement?

How big is your yard? Tiny....

What do you like best about your home? We've made a lot of updates to it...floors, appliances, etc

What do you like least about your home? It's too small!!!

Anything else???? I'm so excited to say that we just put an offer on another house yesterday; hoping to have it under contract and closed before I have this baby! Are we crazy or what??? We'll be renting out our townhouse...Oh I hope it all works out!!

KCAimee responded:
Do you own/rent?

We own it...we're making payments towards owning it anyway

How many square feet?
Not sure...probably 1500-1700

How many bedrooms/bathrooms?

3 beds and 2 1/2 bath

Basement/attic/garage?

Full finished basement, no attic, 2 car garage

How big is your yard?

Big! We are at the end of a cul de sac so we have that great angled yard. Love it!

What do you like best about your home?

We have upgraded alot of stuff (wood floors, new carpet, tile floor in bathroom)

What do you like least about your home?

We bought it 7 yrs ago with the intention of staying no longer than 5 yrs. Now I think we'll be here 3-4 more years. I'm ready to move! It is a side to side split and I dispise split levels!!! Will never have one again.

Anything else????

mel07430 responded:
Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? 1300

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 2br 2 bath

Basement/attic/garage? storage space over our bedroom, no basement no garage

How big is your yard? N/A it is a condo development so we dont have our own yard. I hate it.

What do you like best about your home? The walk in closets

What do you like least about your home? it is a townhouse and there is no room. We have no storage. We cannot have outside toys for DD bc we have no where to keep them. I cannot wait to move!!!

Anything else????

cduffy replied to KCAimee's response:
Aimee...you guys sound like us! We bought our townhouse 7 years ago with the intention of moving after 5, and here we still are! Boo. But we're going to rent ours out and buy a new house if it all works out (see my above post)!

KCAimee replied to cduffy's response:
I saw that! That is awesome. I hope it works well for you. Renting out the townhouse is a good idea! That would be awesome to bring the new baby home to a new house.

mtlmayhem responded:
Do you own/rent? We own.

How many square feet? 1500? (i think)

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? (2 1 bedrooms) 2 bathrooms

Basement/attic/garage? Finished Basement, storage room (Cold room) Crawl space, no attic! No garage!

How big is your yard? Our entire lot is about 7700 square feet (Im pretty sure)

What do you like best about your home? It's Dh & I first major purchase together. We've gone through very happy (BFPs) and very sad (death of my doggy) times in this house. I love my covered veranda and back yard. It's in a great location. 2 streets to the left, its cornfields, and 2 streets to the right, you're on the main highway through town. Most of our neighbours are considerate- and I try to be understanding for the retiree who feels it is necessary to mow his lawn 2-3 times a week and saw things at unGodly hours! Very active community - lots of walking dogs, riding bikes etc...

What do you like least about your home? Spacewise- we're reaching our capacity now, especially with #2 on the way... we could use an extra room or two for each LO to have their own space, AND a playroom would be a nice bonus to get the toys out from under foot... oh and the TREES are gy-normous! = LOTSA leaves to rake in the fall and helicopters in the spring and pears/apples/ chestnuts to pick-up as well...

Anything else???? It's a bungalow ....and I'm just curious about if I'd be annoyed with all the stairs in a cottage...

MontanaMama2009 responded:

Tell us about your home. 1906 Victorian with wraparound porch -- LOVE IT!!!!!!

Do you own/rent? Thankfully, we're able to own (well, the BANK owns it, we just pay for it for the next 24-1/2 years, LOL)

How many square feet? 1825

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 3

Basement/attic/garage? Creepy basement, attic with squirrels and bees nests, and a carriage house we're using as a garage...although it doesn't even hold a single car.

How big is your yard? Not very, but large enough for the kids and pets.

What do you like best about your home? The wraparound porch in the summer time, the Victorian colors.

What do you like least about your home? NO closet space. Ugh. And the 100-year-old windows aren't nice in the wintertime. IAnd the heating bills are OUTRAGEOUS!

Anything else???? We installed central air. I LOVE that! And people walk by and comment how beautiful our home is. I am totally blessed to live here.

MontanaMama2009 replied to cduffy's response:
Good luck on your new home! How exciting for you ALL!

phymrtn responded:
Do you own/rent? own...finally; I bought my first house the past October.

How many square feet? 1800

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? 3 bed/2bath

Basement/attic/garage? attic/bonus room/2 car garage

How big is your yard? almost 1 acre

What do you like best about your home? I like that it's open, with lots of windows.

What do you like least about your home? being away from my mom...although I didn't move too far from her.

Anything else???? I had lived at home with my mom until last year. I am so proud that I finally made up my mind to buy a house..on my own and finally grow up. It's amazing how much having a baby changes you.

Megkate3 responded:
Do you own/rent? Own

How many square feet? Including the unfinished basement (which we are working on) 2500 sq ft

How many bedrooms/bathrooms? Upstairs 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, we are adding a master bath right now, so hopefully by the end of summer it will be 2 bathrooms upstairs. Downstairs is unfinished. My husband is a carpenter so we are putting 2 bedrooms downstairs and we already started the bathroom down there.

Basement/attic/garage? Basement / garage. Two car garage, but we took out half (it's attached to the front of our house and we are putting our master bath in that half with a door to our room. The quarter that is left is DH's "shop". The other side can fit a vehicle, but he really uses that as a shop as well.

How big is your yard? Not very big.

What do you like best about your home? I love that we are able to do what we want with it. My DH is handy which is great, so I get to say something I want and he does it. And I love that the basement will be something we want!

What do you like least about your home? The small yard, although our privacy fence makes it feel bigger.

Anything else????The parking is horrible (cul-de-sac) but I love my house!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn. I am 33 yrs old. I have been married to Chad who is 36 yrs old for almost 10 years. We have two boys. Brady is 5 years old and Travis...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.