How often do you do laundry?

How do you sort your clothes?

What detergent do you use?

Do you ever use a clothes line?

Does your SO help out?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jlcohen78 responded:
One more question....

Do you fold/put things away immediately?

jlcohen78 responded:
How often do you do laundry? I throw a load in every 2 or 3 days.

How do you sort your clothes? Kids clothes are separate. Adult clothes are sorted by darks, lights and whites. Diapers have their own load as do sheets, towels and dog bedding/rags.

What detergent do you use? All Free & Clear for clothes. Crunchy Clean for diapers.

Do you ever use a clothes line? I try to whenever I can. Except for towels. They have to go in the dryer.

Does your SO help out? If I ask him to he will. I will fold his clothes but he has to put them away.

Do you fold/put things away immediately? Yes. I have 4 laundry baskets and fold/sort things by person as soon as they're dry.

cyn22mull responded:
How often do you do laundry? Twice a week..Usually Friday evening and Saturday morning

How do you sort your clothes? DS clothes, whites, darks, and towles

What detergent do you use? All free and clear and bounce free and clear dryer sheets

Do you ever use a clothes line? No

Does your SO help out? Yes. He is good about helping out. Do you fold/put things away immediately? Most of the time. I do one full load Friday evening wash, dry, and put up. Then I put a load in to start before I go to bed and DH puts it in the dryer Saturday morning when he gets up with DS.

miob responded:
I almost didn't answer this...didn't want anyone to see what a horrible housekeeper I am But here goes...

How often do you do laundry? Majority on Sundays, a load or two throughout the week.

How do you sort your clothes? Sorting? We used to do our clothes separate from DS clothes but not anymore.

What detergent do you use? Tide

Do you ever use a clothes line? No (unless we're at my grandparent's place on Cape Cod - there all sheets are put on the line)

Does your SO help out? Yes. Our washer/dyer is in the basement and I have a hard time climbing up and down stairs, never mind with a load of laundry! It's his job to get it down and get it washed. If I'm lucky, sometimes it makes its way back upstairs!

Do you fold/put things away immediately? Nope. Especially not lately. We have what my husband calls his 'victory pile' of clean clothes in the basement. We sort through it in the morning, find what we need and I iron on demand. Not very effective and I'm hoping to take a day off from work soon to catch up on things like this!!!!

bethb1974 responded:
I do laundry on Wens and Sat.

I sort jeans and jeans like clothing, colors, and then underwear/socks/anything that has touched that kind of body part.

I just started using powdered detergent and I love it! I use what I have a coupon for or is cheapest.

I use to use a clothes line but I no longer have an area for it.

My So does not help. I got a front loader a year ago and he never bothered to learn how to use it. My LO does help though!

As soon as the dryer is done I fold them and put them in a basket so I don't have to iron. I do not put them away right away though. Sometimes it takes three days for me to get the motivation to put them away!

ukbluegirl02 replied to miob's response:
How often do you do laundry? Majority on the weekends; an additional load or two as needed.

How do you sort your clothes? Darks, whites, reds/pinks, towels.

What detergent do you use? Arm & Hammer w/ Oxyclean

Do you ever use a clothes line? I line dry all external clothes; IMO they last longer. Undies, socks and sweats are in the dryer. All towels, blankets, sheets, etc in dryer.

Does your SO help out? Typically he folds.

Do you fold/put things away immediately? Are you kidding?? ha! Fold yes, put away no...

fsuchick1976 replied to jlcohen78's response:
How often do you do laundry? It varies, but usually twice a week (clothes one day, sheets/towels another day).

How do you sort your clothes? I wash the little ones' clothes separately. I don't sort their clothes by color, it just all goes in together. Adult clothes are sorted by darks, lights, whites and jeans (I used to sort even more - dress clothes were separate from everyday clothes, a load of reds, a load of black/blue. I don't have time for that now). Towels and sheets are a separate load.

What detergent do you use? All Free & Clear

Do you ever use a clothes line? No, I don't have a clothes line. I do have a drying rack for bras, pantyhose, and sweaters that have to lay flat. If bad stains didn't come out of the little one's clothes, they dry on the drying rack. I don't put them in the dryer until the stain is gone or I just give up on the stain.

Does your SO help out? Not really. I hang up his dress clothes. I fold his casual clothes and socks/underwear but he has to put them away. When I was pg, he would sometimes carry the laundry basket for me.

Do you fold/put things away immediately? I try to put the hanging clothes away as soon as possible. The other stuff (especially whites - t-shirts, underwear, and socks), may sit in the basket for a few days.

katieb426 responded:
How often do you do laundry? Pretty much a load or two every day

How do you sort your clothes? jeans, colors, whites/lights, DH's work clothes, towels, linens, delicates

What detergent do you use? All Free and Clear and sometimes I add some Oxyclean

Do you ever use a clothes line? Yes! DH finally got it put up for the season this last weekend. I can usually dry outside up until about October.

Does your SO help out? Very little

Do you fold/put things away immediately? Usually the same day (not immediately). I dump all clean laundry on our bed so we can't go to sleep until it's folded or put away. Now the 3 older kids help a lot with putting laundry away, so it goes quicker.

mtlmayhem responded:
How often do you do laundry? Most times DH does the laundry! (I knowww!) with my clear instructions that neither my delicates nor DS's clothes ever under any circumstance go in the dryer!!!

How do you sort your clothes? DH's clothes, my clothes & DS clothes, undies and socks, and towels/washcloths...

What detergent do you use? It varies... Tide Gain or Arctic Power are our usual brands.

Do you ever use a clothes line? Only if my dryer is out of commission (scarred by spiders while folding)

Does your SO help out? Yes, see above!

Do you fold/put things away immediately? I try to- but am not always successful. Most times, its the towels/washcloths and socks & undies that get left behind... Icant stand crinkled clothes!!

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
How often do you do laundry? I would say most times its every 2 weeks, but I try to do a load or 2 every week. For some reason I have like 5-6 loads of clothes lol

How do you sort your clothes? I sort them by light colors, dark colors, jeans, towels and sheets, and of course whites.

What detergent do you use? I use liquid detergent, whatever is cheapest lol

Do you ever use a clothes line? Nope

Does your SO help out? lol I dont usually have anyone help me I do it by myself. Its much easier now since Im on the bottom floor at my apts and I dont have to carry Celeste or push her in the stroller.(although she does throw fits sometimes wanting me to carry her while Im trying to carry 2 full baskets haha)The laundry mat is closer too. My apts do have washer/dryer hook up which is good so one day I can hopefully invest in some.

NicoleCoy01 responded:
How often do you do laundry? Once a week (Monday), but sometimes I have to squeeze in bedding or towels during the week though.

How do you sort your clothes? I use to wash Savanas clothes separate from ours but since she is older now she doesn't spit up and change clothes 10 times a day so I wash her clothes with ours. Well I do towels, whites, husbands clothes (which consists of all black shirts and jeans) and then I wash Savanas clothes with mine.

What detergent do you use? Tide with downy. Clean Breeze I think its called. I also use Clean Breeze (or something of that sort) Clorox bleach.

Do you ever use a clothes line? Nope

Does your SO help out? Sure he does, he gets his clothes all dirty for me

Do you fold/put everything away immediately? Never. I use to but now my laundry room is in the basement and I'm bad about bringing all the clothes upstairs!

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
Oh I missed the last question. If Im lucky I get things put away done right away, but I usually have to wait until Celeste is down/sleeping lol Actually Im going to be honest, I did laundry the end of last week and there is still my baskets in my room, but the clothes that needed hung up are hung up haha its some of celestes clothes and sheets. Im just so busy and tired, but Ill get those put away in time to do laundry again...hehehe

jtksgirl responded:
How often do you do laundry? Twice a week, more if needed

How do you sort your clothes? DS's laundry, whites and darks

What detergent do you use? Tide cold water

Do you ever use a clothes line? No, too windy in West Texas, I have no desire to chase clothes down the street, plus the dust is always blowing

Does your SO help out? If I wash it and dry it he will lay it out and put it away

Do you fold clothes immediately? DH does, I let it marinate in the dryer! LOL

Momma2Ethan responded:
How often do you do laundry? Usually 2xs a week, more if needed

How do you sort your clothes? Whites (towels, socks), dark colors, DH's work clothes (nasty!) then our casual clothes

What detergent do you use? Tide

Do you ever use a clothes line? No but I so wish we had one for sheets!

Does your SO help out? He will if I ask him, but no not usually Do you fold/put things away immediately? I try too but it never gets done. The only thing that sits there are the towels. I get about half put up one night and the rest the next. LOL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a first time grand mother. She was born on 11/10/09. I just love her with all my heart. She is very smart.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.