Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post about Daddies!
tamliz08 posted:
Does anyone have any funny or cute stories to share about LO and their Daddy?

I was just thinking about this because DH dressed Leah this morning, and it was hilarious... He picked out purple and light pink patterned leggings (that are supposed to go under a dress she has), a magenta peasant ruffly top (again, that is supposed to go with a little skirt), white sandals, and he left her bed-head as it was. I busted up laughing when I saw what this little girl was wearing. Oh Babe...

I should have taken a picture. BTW, I left her in that silly outfit to take her to the sitter's house

Also, when I was away in Mexico a couple months ago, I heard several stories about the things she was wearing, and the condition of her hair. DH's sister told me she came over to our house JUST to fix Leah's hair for her. HAHAHAHA!!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mamatobe08 responded:
LOL!

Last summer, we were in Ohio for my family reunion. I had to run to the store, and thought I would be back in time to get DS ready, so I didn't set out any clothes. Well, DB and my dad had to go before I was back, so they had picked out some plaid shorts(that had a matching shirt DB had seen a million times) and a pajama shirt that totally didn't match! I got to the reunion and was so embarrassed that my kid looked like that! I changed him right away lol.

miob responded:
DH just pulled out the riding lawmower recently. Owen calls it his 'car'. When it's time to mow the lawn and Owen is inside, he spends the entire time standing at the window waving to DH when he circles around near the window. DH in turn waves like mad. He'll sit there for a full half hour watching and waving while yelling 'Daaaaddddyyyyy!'. It's the cutest thing!

tamliz08 replied to miob's response:
That is so sweet!!

wxbuny replied to tamliz08's response:
We usually shower with DD since she has very sensitive "girl area" and baths are pretty much out. So DH was showering with her and rinsing his hair. When he opened hi eyes, DD was catching water in her cup that was dripping off his penis! lol! He is really self conscience about showering with her now!

MarissasMommy replied to wxbuny's response:
I think we probably ALL have a few stories about outfits gone wrong...LOL Poor guys just don't "get it" do they??

Last night DH had his glasses on, and apparently Addy didn't want him wearing them anymore, because she took them off of him and said "NO!"

ariannasmommy1125 replied to wxbuny's response:
LOL that is hilarious! I can totally see that happening with my DD and DH!

DD had a onesie that said "Don't Laugh. My Daddy Dressed Me!" That and jeans were her standard outfit when she was a baby if DH had to dress her. Now, I hang all of her stuff together in outfits but somehow DH still manages to get all mixed up sometimes!

momtobegrunden responded:
Evidently, DH had not learned the lesson to undress LO at the last possible moment before bath time. And, well, I think the picture tells it all...

chrisandjen0717 replied to momtobegrunden's response:
ROFLMBO!!!!

My DH is really weird and private about bathroom stuff (we have been together 9 years and I have never been allowed in the bathroom while he peed or anything (unless I am in the shower and he really has to go in which case I have to face the corner and close my eyes, LOL). So I found it hilarious when DD was just born and still could only have sponge baths he had his hand under her bottom so I could rinse her in the sink and she peed a whole bunch right there in his hand. His face was PRICELESS!!!

tamliz08 responded:
You guys are making me laugh so hard right now! That picture just has me rolling.

KCAimee replied to momtobegrunden's response:
OMG...that is hilarious!!!!

jamanda727 replied to momtobegrunden's response:
LOL that is HILARIOUS!!

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Yes, my DH will take care of LO and her hair will have an awful squirrel's nest in it ALL day, her clothes don't match, he doesn't use a bib, her socks are mismatched, her doesn't wipe her nose

BUT

She and he have a FABULOUS time together.

They play a game where he crinkles up his brow and says in a deep, low voice: "Shoon-tock"

and she furrows her brow and responds in her low voice: "Warrior!"

And then they wrestle.

I don't know why they do that. But it's cute.

MontanaMama2009 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:

tamliz08 replied to MontanaMama2009's response:
Awww, that's a really cute picture! Daddies are so much fun. I love watching Leah play with her dad. They do things I would never do, and she just adores him

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Vicky and I am a licensed foster parent. Currently we have our first placement of a sweet young toddler who was born in May of 2010, he tu...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.