Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hello...
alisonmai posted:
Well I haven't been on in FOREVER but just came back to ask another question and get your expert opinions....I've missed you all! Try to keep up with as many as possible on Facebook.

Thought I'd just post an update. My LO is a hot mess! LOL she is great! Love her to bits and pieces! She is a total ham and a chatterbox. A shoe fanatic and water baby as well.

However....still not a great sleeper or eater. She is a milkaholic. We have cut WAY back on that but she still doesn't eat much. And when she does, its the strangest things...chowed down on asparagus and filet mignon the other day but wouldn't touch a hot dog and chips on the 4th. Go figure....

I'm always looking for clever ideas on how to get her to eat more or what to feed so feel free to chime in...

She is 23.5 pounds and wearing 12-18 month clothes...if she wears clothes. She has hit the 'naked' phase!

For the past month she has been telling us when she needs to go potty but only in the past week has she been telling us BEFORE she has to go. So, lots of running to the potty. Not in serious potty training mode yet - still trying to let her think its her idea...lol...she is my child after all! She might look like her dad, but she is all me...

Going to try and post and check here more often...missed you all!

katieb426 responded:
She sounds like a total cutie and a typical toddler. Sometimes they eat a ton and some times they don't eat at all. You are doing the right thing by cutting back on the milk. Just keep encouraging her in her eating. How great that she's willing to try "exotic" foods.
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly 22 months

jlc78 responded:
Hey lady! It's been a long time since you last posted! I'm so glad I can stalk you on FB! Both of my kids are horrible eaters. They eat healthy foods but just not in large quantities, lol! And sleep.....DD just started sleeping through the night last month. DS is 3 and still needs someone in his room to fall asleep. But I'm sure by the time they hit college, they won't need our help! Sounds like she's doing great!!!!
Me (31) DH (33) and our beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

alliegirl77 responded:
Oh my goodness!!! You are here!!!! So glad to see you.

What she is doing sounds very familiar. Sarah will drink all day long but eating...she just takes vacations from it at times. I don't get it. When she does eat it's various things from my plate that I would have never thought she would try.

Sarah is 24lbs and holding steady. She is in 18 mos clothes mainly due to her height. so sounds like they are very close in that area. The dr wasn't concerned at all.

I think she's acting normal for sure Alison. Although she may be super advanced for the potty telling! That's cool! Sarah tells us when she has pooped and says "toot" when it is coming but not potty yet. Oh well gotta start somewhere I guess. I am not pushing it either. It has to be her idea as well or it will never fly. We are going to need psychiatric help when they hit the teenage stage aren't we?

Spotlight: Member Stories

beth 36, dh 37, ds 8, ds7, dd 18m 8-11-2008.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.