Skip to content
Indoor activities?
ad1978 posted:
I'm seeking suggestions for indoor places I can take LO (for about an hour) to get her out of the house when it is too hot to hang outside (or raining, snowing, etc). She likes going to the store, but that get old for me (and costly!). I've tried the library, and DH takes her to church...

Any other suggestions? Places a toddler might like to run around (indoors) that isn't too tough for me to handle on my own (without DH)?

Thanks!

cduffy responded:
We do story time at the library, and DD just likes the library in general. We also sometimes go to the mall to just walk around and play at the indoor play place there. Of course, for a cost there is always the museum, children's museum, or a gym class or something.
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

momtobegrunden responded:
We like to go to the pet store and look at the animals. It's as great as the zoo to DS!
Me(29). DH(40). DSD(14). DSS(9). DS1(20 months). DS2 EDD 10/4/10!

magsnemma responded:
I know this is a store, but do you have an REI or other outdoorsy shop nearby? That is one of DD's favorite places to go. She likes to "pet" the bikes and sit in the strollers, walk through the tents, and try on the shoes. We went this past weekend and she started to cry when we left.

Do you guys have splash pads where you live? They're everywhere around here and it gets hot. We just go in the morning before it hits 100, bring a bucket and let DD go to town. I know it's outside and still hot but it's free.

I can't really think of anything else that doesn't cost money.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008).

mommyof3kiddos responded:
If you can swing it Gymboree Play & Music is a lot of fun for little ones. DS and DD1 went for a couple years. They really enjoyed it. But it can be costly and it's a commitment. For our area it was $59 a month per child. I could go as much as I wanted to though so I made sure to get my money out of it. Some Gymborees charge the fee for just the one class and you pay extra for the music and art or extra classes. The classes ran 45-50mins.

roni090909 responded:
Do your malls have the play grounds in them? We have a couple here and DS loves those. Also alot of churches here have open playtimes for 5 and under or 5th grade and under. They usually have a separate toddler area. Some of the churches have huge play spaces, its like McDonalds on steriods. LOL
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

alliegirl77 responded:
McDonalds play land - caveat to that - make sure it isn't 12 on a Saturday.

If you can keep from actually buying bad for you foods it is a great place! The smell of the fries sometimes lures me in. Heehee!

Seriously though, that place entertained Sarah for about 2 hours one rainy afternoon when she was climbing the walls to get some wiggles out. We went in and didn't buy a bit of food, she just played and well...she was WORN OUT by the end of our time. I had to keep an eye on her but she did just fine.

ad1978 replied to alliegirl77's response:
Thank you all.

mel07430 responded:
We go to the Mall and go on th Carousel.....
Melissa (36) DH (38) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 18 months old. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010 Blue Team!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years old and have a beautiful 19 month old daughter named Sofia Belen and I am married but my husband is not currently in the country. Me and...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.