Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First day at daycare :(
cduffy posted:
So, I had my first drop off this morning, and I'm a total mess!! I can't stop crying. I totally cried when I left DS in his room, but I knew I had to hold it together for DD. She was having fun playing until we told her bye-bye, then she looked stunned and made a little protest noise, but we just had to leave the room. I'm so hoping she didn't have a complete breakdown...

I'll be calling them a lot today I feel like.
Me (32)  Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

cduffy responded:
Oh, and now I'm back home at a totally quiet and empty house. That probably doesn't help...please tell me it gets easier!!
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

earleyml1012 responded:
It will get easier! I'm sure your DD is having a blast playing with the other kids and your DS is probably being cuddled and loved on. Just think of how this is helping them as well as you! You'll be able to get work done and they'll be learning how to form relationships with other children. I'd recommend calling to today too, just to see how they are doing. Stay strong momma, it will get easier!! :c)
Me Michelle (27) DH Chris (27) DD Alexandra 12-6-08 Furbaby Zoe (3 yr lab mix)

miob responded:
It gets easier. I remember leaving the first day in tears and another mom met me outside and said 'First day? Don't worry, it gets better'.

And occasionally, we still have days where he cries (and I cry). But I call a few minutes later and am told he stopped immediatley.

Hang in there. I'm sure she's having a ball!

Juniorsmama responded:
Oh no, not the first day of daycare experience.;( Yes it does get easier, still has it's moments but it does get easier. Like PP said DD is probably playing and enjoying herself herself by now. Hang in there. You will soon realized the break will help you and them!(Even if you are just working while they are there.) Good luck!

mel07430 responded:
((((HUGS))))) It does get easier...I promise!! The beginning is always the worst. Definately call them. I did alot in the begining...
Melissa (36) DH (38) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 18 months old. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010 Blue Team!!!!

cduffy responded:
Ok, I just called them and they said DD has been pretty standoffish all morning and just started to play a little bit. Oh my poor baby...I hope the rest of the day goes better for her.

DS is doing just fine!.
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

Juniorsmama replied to cduffy's response:
DS went through the same standoffish stage a few weeks ago and has been watched by others since he was about 4 months old. She will be fine mama. Hang in there and call as much as you want you will not be the first or the last!

alliegirl77 replied to cduffy's response:
it does get better...I promise. I remember crying for weeks when Sarah started daycare. She was fine...I was a mess mind you! LOL!

Yes, the standoffish stage will occur. Sarah does this still at church even though she goest there every week. It will work itself out though at daycare. They are just little people. When we are in unfamiliar situations we don't usually just dive right in...we assess the situation and figure it out. Your LO will do the same for sure. Hang in there momma!

roni090909 replied to alliegirl77's response:
How did the first day go?

I still remember DS's first day of daycare. I couldn't even taken him, I made DH do it. I was a wreck the whole day. I sat in my office with the door shut.
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

cduffy replied to roni090909's response:
Thanks for asking, Roni. I was pretty much sick to my stomach all day. DS did fine; they said he is a sweet, happy baby, and he is. DD on the other hand, had a hard day. She didn't eat breakfast or lunch, AND didn't take a nap. She is super sassy and throwing monster fits today, so I'm thinking it's because of yesterday. Oh man, next week won't be fun...

roni090909 replied to cduffy's response:
Are you taking them every day or every other day? My old daycare provider said that kids had an easier time adjusting if they went half days everyday vs going every other day in the beginning.

Hopefully DD will get used to it soon. DS starts MDO in Sept and I wonder how he will react.

cduffy replied to roni090909's response:
Just once a week. I'm sure it will be hard on her to adjust, but that's what we are paying for and I would have a VERY hard time sending her while I'm not working. I'm only working Mondays and Tuesdays all day now, and have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off.

roni090909 replied to cduffy's response:
That's an awesome schedule! I hoping to move towards something like that when DS starts MDO. He will be going Tues-Thurs for 5 hours. I am hoping to get the majority of the work done while he is there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn. I am 33 yrs old. I have been married to Chad who is 36 yrs old for almost 10 years. We have two boys. Brady is 5 years old and Travis...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.