Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bug spray
ajs0924 posted:
At what age can you use bug spray on a toddler? I picked up some Off Family Care and it doesn't give any age guidelines. We are going to an outdoor play this weekend and I don't want DS to get eaten alive by mosquitos.
Me(33) DH(37) DS-Zachary born 10/3/08

mommyof3kiddos responded:
I thought it was like 6mos and up but am not totally for sure. I hate the spray kind because it's hard to control. I don't like worrying about them getting it on their hands and then sticking them in their mouthes. I bought some of the wipes. I don't remember the brand but they are for families so I assume they are okay for my 22mos old. I had some Avon kind a couple years ago and they were much easier to deal with than the spray.

miob responded:
We use it on DS and he's 22 months old.

On a side note, just a reminder to check over your kids when they come in from playing outdoors for ticks (especially here in the Northeast). My 5 year old nephew was just admitted to the ER today and diagnosed with Lyme Meningitis. He'll be on IV antibiotics for 30 days.

So, when your kids come in, before bed, strip them down and give them a good once-over.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Vicky and I am a licensed foster parent. Currently we have our first placement of a sweet young toddler who was born in May of 2010, he tu...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.