Skip to content
Benadryl for your 18 month old
samantharae0223 posted:
Just wondering if it is safe to give your 18 month Benadryl? and if it is how much do you give them? My poor little girl has got the worst allergies right now and is not sleeping at night

katieb426 responded:
Yes, it's safe. You should probably google the dosage or call your doc for it. But I'm thinking it's 1/4tsp at this age.
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly 22 months

alliegirl77 responded:
Yep it's safe. agree with katie to consult dr. I think it's the lowest line on the cup/cap that comes with the bottle but without looking at it I am not positive on the actual measurement.

Just a heads up it will make your LO sleepy so it can throw off their sleep schedule a bit. Hang in there. We ended up doing children's allergy medicine eventually (prescribed by dr) with Sarah's allergies. Not fun stuff.

samantharae0223 responded:
Thanks everyone... I will call the doc to double check the dosage I am planning on giving it to her after bath/before bed so it will help her sleep tonight! Thanks again!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM/In-home daycare provider. It's going to be a crazy summer! I will have a 6 month old, three boys all around 2 years old, a 6 year old,...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.