Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Speaking of birthday gifts....
katieb426 posted:
What do I get the girl who has everything??

Lilly's birthday is in one month (commence the teary eyes) and I have NO idea what to get her.

She's got at least 6 boxes of clothes waiting for her in the basement. We have ONE MILLION stuffed animals and babies in the house. She does love babies, but she has 4 that she sleeps with. I can't fit any more in her bed.

She plays with all of her brothers' and sister's toys, so there really isn't anything that hasn't been through here.

Anyone have any ideas?
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly 22 months

alliegirl77 responded:
I kind of get where you are coming from on that one Katie. Sarah's cousins (all girls) stock her up with toys and clothes so I am kind of at a loss as to what to get her.

One thing I am getting her is some NEW shoes! LOL! Sounds silly but she always has hand me downs and she loves loves loves shoes so I am getting her a brand new pair, letting her take it out of the box and everything! hee hee! It sounds so silly saying that!

For Sarah she loves to color so I am thinking about getting her an easel/desk where she can sit and color and have a place to put her markers, etc.

another thing we thought of was a personalized piggy bank. She is starting to do "chores" (I say that term very lightly - we are talking about putting her milk in the fridge and putting away toys at this point) and we will start giving her pennies for each chore she does with us once she turns two.

Maybe Lilly would like day with just mommy where you two go have a picnic with special food that she loves the most and then play in the park or something? She may be too young to really get "mommy time" but she has always struck me as a really smart girl and with her brothers and sisters she may want some time with just you two?

Maybe books? There are always new/neat books coming out that maybe her sisters/brothers haven't seen yet. Good luck and I am with you on the teary eyes. I cannot believe my baby is almost 2.

bella0715 responded:
Jack has recently gotten into puzzles and stickers so I might go an easy route that way with his birthday in a few weeks. It's difficult for me to find stuff he doesn't really have yet and he's an only child, I can't imagine how hard that is for you! Good luck, and I'll join you with the tear fest!
~Beth, DH, DSD 18, DS 8-11-08

katieb426 replied to alliegirl77's response:
That's a great idea, Jill. We ever spend time alone together. She would definitely love that!

I did see a cute talking piggy bank the other day. That's a good idea...maybe I'll pick one of those up.

We have book shelves that are overflowing with books, lots of puzzles, etc. It's crazy. None of it is especially for her alone, but that's pretty hard to keep track of around here.

bethb1974 responded:
My LO likes to look at pics of us in our photo albums. I went to snapfish and made her a little flip like book of pics of mommy daddy and her 2 brothers. It was less than 10 dollars and it is all hers and she doesn't have to be "careful" with it.
Beth 36, DH 37, DS 8 adopted at birth, DS 7, Emily 8-11-08

mommyof3kiddos responded:
This is exactly the way I feel too!!!! I don't want to get any big toys. That's why I went with the Duplo Blocks. They're something I can put up and out of sight most of the time. lol

katieb426 replied to bethb1974's response:
Beth, that is genius! I love that idea. She loves to look at pictures of the family and it would be something "new" in our house.

bethb1974 replied to katieb426's response:
It was hard for us to find something also. Her birthday is next week. I had done this for the boys and had forgotten. I remembered at the last minute. Both boys loved it! Good Luck!!
Beth 36, DH 37, DS 8 adopted at birth, DS 7, Emily 8-11-08

mel07430 responded:
I LOVE the photo album idea!!! I am going to get our DD a Tea Set and more puzzles/coloring books/crayons.

We are taking her to Sesame Place again on her bday too so I think she will be pretty happy with that!
Melissa (36) DH (38) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 18 months old. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010 Blue Team!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me Kristyn (23) DF Patrick (25) Tyler 11-19-08.....7lbs 9oz 20 1/2 inches... as of 18 month check up 27lbs 33.5 inches! I am a RMA @ pediatricians o...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.