Skip to content
Im not sure what to do...
mamabrat05 posted:
We are looking at houses to rent b/c we are losing our house. Not sure when but we will be going into foreclosure soon. But anyways DH has found a house that he like. Rent is good, size isnt too bad and its a nice house. Just needs to be cleaned up and have fresh white paint put on. But im just not comfy with the area. DH says the area where the house is isnt bad but if you go a few streets over it gets a little worse. We would live close to the school where DD would be doing preschool but i dont feel comfy walking her to school. I told DH i wanted to feel ok walking her to school. I didnt want to be worried about what would happen to me and the kids. I told him I cant wear firefighter's wife all over me(not that that would keep us safe).

I just dont know what to do. He wants to move in b/c rent is good, its close to his station and we would save alot. We would only hvae to rent it for a year then we could move anywhere we want. DH is mad at me and thinks that im just being picky!!
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

Juniorsmama responded:
I am so sorry you are having to go through the process of losing your home. Until I was 9 years old we lived in a neighborhood close to what you are explaining. We were NEVER allowed outside without my mom and even then we were not outside long. I think you need to feel comfortable and I assume your DH works all sorts of hours. If he does are you supposed to sit up wondering what every noise is all night long. I can see where your DH is coming from with saving money (mine is a pain about it ALL the time) but the safety of your family matters most. Follow your feelings mama! Good luck!

ambern99 responded:
I agree with PP. With having LOs you really need to focus more the their safety rather then saving a little bit of money.

roni090909 responded:
I would say don't do it. I know it sounds good to him but you are alone ALOT and you need to feel safe. I know no where is 100% safe but you need to follow your instincts here. I would keep looking something else will come up.

Off topic a little but did your DH ever figure out what he wanted to do with the job? If he is still thinking about you might want to make sure there is an out in the lease just incase you need to move closer to family.
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

mamabrat05 replied to roni090909's response:
Well im one lucky woman b/c i called the realtor to ask a few questions and they had actually already rented the house! So luckily we wont have to worry about it.

As far as the job goes he hasnt made his mind up yet but he is still waiting to hear back. But has been also looking at other companies that do the same. Im considering it more and more! But i will let you know when we get it all figured out!
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kelly (31) ~*~ Craig (34) ~*~ Eliana (3) ~*~ Joshua (1.5) ~*~ Rebekah (EDD 7/16/2010) ~*~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~*~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller & Lessa (8...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.