Skip to content
Stupid parents vent!
mamatobe08 posted:
DS and I are in IL with DB for a while. DB lives with a friend who has a 3 bedroom house, so DS has been sleeping in the extra room in the PNP. This morning the roommate says his new girlfriend's son is spending the night tonight and he's 12 so he needs that room, so is it ok if DS sleeps in our room. Ok, fine, whatever, rude but we can deal.

So we get back to the house tonight and roommate and gf are in his bedroom and son is in the living room watching South Park. The door eventually gets shut. Then they come out all dressed up and are going out! At 11pm!

They started dating 2 weeks ago! They MET 2 weeks ago! I would never even introduce my kid to a guy I only knew 2 weeks, let alone bring him to spend the night at his house. Then ignore the kid and go in the bedroom, then LEAVE HIM AT THE HOUSE WITH STRANGERS?!? Yeah ok that's real smart!
Michelle(24), DB Drew(26), DS Charlie 11/4/08, New Baby Boy EDD 12/1/10! My blog thismamaneeds.blogspot.com

mamabrat05 responded:
Ok so i could deal with the room issue. But leaving him with strangers...REALLY? And obviously you had no idea til they came out. So it wasnt like he asked in advance or anything! Some people just amaze me! I cant believe he has only known her 2 WEEKS and she is staying over and he let her meet his son!! I agree with you...it would be along time before someone would meet my kids! I mean what if tonights it...i mean he could be introduced to like 50 women before its serious. UGH it aggervates me. Not to mention obviously its his time to have his son and he isnt eve spending it with him...wth???
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

mamatobe08 replied to mamabrat05's response:
No it's HER son lol. And then he ended up sleeping on the couch! So we had CHarlie in our room, where I get up 5 times a night to pee, and he could have stayed in that room!
Michelle(24), DB Drew(26), DS Charlie 11/4/08, New Baby Boy EDD 12/1/10! My blog thismamaneeds.blogspot.com

mamatobe08 replied to mamatobe08's response:
Drew walked in and I didn't want him to see I was writing on here about it lol, but yeah...she brought HER kid to a new guy's house to spend the night, then left him with us. I heard them get in at 2:30.

DB is going to start looking for somewhere else to live...his roommate obviously has no respect for him!

roni090909 responded:
So who watched the kid while they went to party?I know I 12 he can pretty much watch himself but someone still needs to be responsible for him.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a habit or your DB might start to get real annoyed.
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

mamatobe08 replied to roni090909's response:
I guess that's what we were here for. DB thinks she must either live with her parents or just stay wherever she can. It definitely makes sense after today, because we got home after being in the city all day, and she was here alone. Yeah, roomie left a girl he has known for 2 weeks at their house alone. Computers, tv's, video game systems, and my brand new fancy camera! HELLO?!? I mean thank goodness she was here and so was all our stuff when we got home!

Luckily her son isn't here tonight. I reclaimed Charlie's room where her son was supposed to sleep last night before I knew if he'd be back.

mamabrat05 replied to mamatobe08's response:
Wow...her son! OK well thats even worse! Well atleast Charlie gets the room tonight...even though he could've had it last night too! Thats crazy he would just leave her there alone after only knowing her that long. I mean 2 weeks is enough time to see what he has and take it! But atleast she was home and nothing was taken!
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, DH, three girls, two labrador retrievers, one tabby cat, 20 guppies and a lop-eared bunny!

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.