Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
birthday..
MISSBUBBLEYAJG posted:
Well its almost that time. Miss Celeste will be 2 years old officially on Monday, the 9th. I really cant believe it, how big shes getting right before my eyes. So Im thinking about what to do for her birthday. Gosh I cant believe how quickly it has come. It will be easier for me to have the party next weekend but Im debating on what and how to do it. Last year I did it at Peter piper pizza, cant go wrong there lol I could go again, and besides thats where my family tends to go for everything else lol but I was thinking about having it outside. My apts have a nice little area where we can bbq, but I think there is only one table. The pool is also close by. The thing is I kinda dont like the idea of my whole family outside lol or at my apts haha but I like the idea of being close to home. Im in AZ and its hot..really hot so I have to consider that as well. So I have never done a bbq if I decide to do that..what kinda food do I need?? What else would be a good idea? Besides water haha um what about like party decorations?? Oh my gosh what about a pinata?? lol Naw that might be too much, there aint that many lil kids around...So help me here...

mamabrat05 responded:
Yes it is coming very fast. They are all growing up so fast. Im just glad I have a few more months. If you decided to do a bbq you can do things a simple as hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad, fruit salad, and chips n dip. I mean there are alot more options but those are the ones i can think of. You can do any decorations you would like. I know that i will most likey let the kids pick a theme they would like an go from there. Sorry im not much help but its all i could think of for now....
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

sarahann1978 responded:
Oh wow, I had no idea you lived in AZ, for some reason I though you lived in NY, but I don't know where I got that from! Where at in AZ? I am way up on the northern border, north of the Grand Canyon.

I think typical side food items for a BBQ are potato salad and macaroni salad, just make sure to keep them cool, like on ice so the mayo doesn't spoil. You could also do chips, watermelon, baked beans, or corn on the cob.

MISSBUBBLEYAJG replied to sarahann1978's response:
lol yup good ol AZ..Im in Phoenix though. How is the weather there, I bet its much nicer than here..

mel07430 responded:
Celeste and I share a birthday!! The bbq sounds nice but could get uncomfy with the heat. I would try for an indoor location.

Happy Birthay Celeste!!! A fellow little Leo!!! Love it!
Melissa (36) DH (38) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 18 months old. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010 Blue Team!!!!

sarahann1978 replied to MISSBUBBLEYAJG's response:
The weather does stay pretty nice up here, we hardly ever get over 100 and I think the max I have seen in my 6 years is 105. It's pretty nice in the winter too, it only snows a couple of times just a little bit, pretty mild.

Here is a thought for an indoor party- I snuggle up and watch PBS in the morning with DS when he wakes up and drinks some milk and they always have commercials for the Children's Museum of Phoenix and I would love to take DS there. I don't know what your budget is, but maybe you could work that in somehow. And if you do, or have already been, let me know how Celeste likes it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn. I am 33 yrs old. I have been married to Chad who is 36 yrs old for almost 10 years. We have two boys. Brady is 5 years old and Travis...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.