Skip to content
Blackout shades?
ad1978 posted:
(APO 1st year):

I'd like to buy blackout shades/curtains for LO's room to keep it dark in the morning (so hopefully she'll sleep a bit later) and for naps on the weekend.

Please let me know if you have very specific suggestions (shades, curtains, something else? Brand/store?, anything that really wasn't worth it?).

Thanks in advance!!

Juniorsmama responded:
I LOVE blackout curtains! We have them in our living room and our master bedroom. We have very large windows in the living room and we mainly did it to maintain a comfortable temp. I have bought all of mine from target online. I actually just bought new ones for the living room in April. I spent about 90 dollars (including shipping) for six panels. I would try Target or overstock.com. Good luck!

magsnemma responded:
I bought some at Target for DD's room. We live in Las Vegas so the sunshine was an issue for naps and stuff. I think they were about $20 per panel, but they also help get heat out, so they help a little with electricity bills. They also come in a variety of colors, I got some green ones and they work pretty well in her room.

They helped with naps, making it dark enough for her to settle down and sleep.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008).

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella, Owen, Connor, Lilly. We live in Colorado. I came here originally for inf...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.