Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Garden Supper
katieb426 posted:
We are finally getting some veggies from our garden. So last night I made zucchini soup with zucchinis and basil from the garden. It was delicious. Connor (our 4 year old) was the only one that didn't want to eat it, but he doesn't like anything. Everyone else loved it.

I also made a cucumber, tomato, and chive salad. It was yummy. Can't believe how good the cucumbers taste fresh out of the garden. So much rich flavor.

Hoping for more stuff to come in the next few weeks! Anyone else enjoying the "fruits of your labor?"
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly 22 months

TyPatrick08 responded:
I am so JEALOUS..... We make settlement on our hosue in a few weeks and I cant wait to have a garden next year. Growing up my Mother always had a garden and I miss going to pick stuff for a fresh salad that night! We rent now so I never made a garden unsure if my landlord would appreciate it or not. Glad to see you and the family are enjoying the lovely food!
Me (23) DF (25) Tyler 11-19-08 7lb9oz 20 1/2 inches 18 month 33in 26lbs

sarahann1978 responded:
Yes, I have been getting a bunch of stuff out of my garden- yellow squash, onions, cilantro, swiss chard, chiles and salad peppers. I sauteed some swiss chard last night in olive oil with garlic then put a splash of red wine vinegar on it and it was delish!

The green beans will be ready to pick any day and there are a bunch of green tomatoes. I also have beets that are ready, I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella, Owen, Connor, Lilly. We live in Colorado. I came here originally for inf...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.