Skip to content
Prayers please - possible TRIGGS
kristinrayerootes posted:
As you might remember, my brother and his wife had twins 7 weeks ago. We just found out that one of them likely has biliary artesia, which is a liver disease. It is basically a blockage in his liver that prevents the bile from being processed correctly, or something like that. He will have a biopsy later today to confirm it. There are a couple of treatments, the first being a procedure where they will connect his small intestine to the liver to drain the bile. The second is a liver transplant. Regardless of which treament option is chosen, it is very scary. Chances are very good that he will go on to lead a normal life after recovery, but I couldn't imagine my child going through that. I am scared to death for him the way it is. If you have any extra prayers available, could you use one for him?

diamond7sparkles responded:
Kristen, I saw your post on FB. I was hoping you'd post over here. I will be keeping him in my thoughts.
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

jlynnpaine responded:
I will definitely be praying for your brother and his family.

bella0715 responded:
I'll be praying for them Kristin.
~Beth, DH, DSD 18, DS 8-11-08

cduffy responded:
Positive thoughts coming your way. I hope that sweet baby recovers so quickly.
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

mamabrat05 responded:
I will definitely be praying for you and your family!!!
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

roni090909 responded:
Poor little guy! I will definitely keep the little guy in my thoughts and prayers.
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

Momma2Ethan responded:
Poor little one! I'll keep them in my prayers!
Me(27) DH(27) DS(23m) 8.19.08

jlc78 responded:
Keeping them in my thoughts. Post an update when you have one!
Me (31) DH (33) and our beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

mamatobe08 responded:
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!
Michelle(24), DB Drew(26), DS Charlie 11/4/08, New Baby Boy EDD 12/1/10! My blog thismamaneeds.blogspot.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carlette. Hubby and I have been married for 11 years. Alex is our son, born to us on 8-26-08. He's quite a character. We hope to have a...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.