Skip to content
Prayers please - possible TRIGGS
kristinrayerootes posted:
As you might remember, my brother and his wife had twins 7 weeks ago. We just found out that one of them likely has biliary artesia, which is a liver disease. It is basically a blockage in his liver that prevents the bile from being processed correctly, or something like that. He will have a biopsy later today to confirm it. There are a couple of treatments, the first being a procedure where they will connect his small intestine to the liver to drain the bile. The second is a liver transplant. Regardless of which treament option is chosen, it is very scary. Chances are very good that he will go on to lead a normal life after recovery, but I couldn't imagine my child going through that. I am scared to death for him the way it is. If you have any extra prayers available, could you use one for him?

diamond7sparkles responded:
Kristen, I saw your post on FB. I was hoping you'd post over here. I will be keeping him in my thoughts.
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

jlynnpaine responded:
I will definitely be praying for your brother and his family.

bella0715 responded:
I'll be praying for them Kristin.
~Beth, DH, DSD 18, DS 8-11-08

cduffy responded:
Positive thoughts coming your way. I hope that sweet baby recovers so quickly.
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

mamabrat05 responded:
I will definitely be praying for you and your family!!!
Me(23) DH(23) DD(4)-47.4lbs 42 1/4in DS(18 months)-25.6lbs 31 1/4in born via emergency c-section.

roni090909 responded:
Poor little guy! I will definitely keep the little guy in my thoughts and prayers.
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

Momma2Ethan responded:
Poor little one! I'll keep them in my prayers!
Me(27) DH(27) DS(23m) 8.19.08

jlc78 responded:
Keeping them in my thoughts. Post an update when you have one!
Me (31) DH (33) and our beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

mamatobe08 responded:
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers!
Michelle(24), DB Drew(26), DS Charlie 11/4/08, New Baby Boy EDD 12/1/10! My blog thismamaneeds.blogspot.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI! My name is Andrea, Im a 32 y/o mama married to my best friend Pete, for 2 years, (together for 7) with one beautiful son, Donovan and another LO o...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.