Skip to content
Vent oh Holy Vent
KatieS83 posted:
I know i've been MIA for a while, been really busy with the two kids and my health isnt doing too well since i had this baby. I'm in the process of being tested for Lupus, RA, and MS (on the assumption that whatever is going on is one of these). I've been really stressed out. DH (who this title is named for) has been such a butthead lately, he hasnt been supportive or cut me any slack for my moods lately, I've been busting my hump taking care of the kids, while he sits around and doesnt offer so much as a paper towel to wipe a mess up. He's been on my case about DTD, which i have no desire to do at all. The anti depressants i'm on make it impossible for me to "fully enjoy" sex. I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to take 5 minutes for myself, to take a bath, i cant even do that, i cant get him to sit with either one of the kids. Everywhere i go DH has to be right there standing over me. I just feel so cramped and claustrophobic in my own home its crazy. Then he's on me because i havent slept in bed since i've had Kayla, and i finally snapped yesterday and told him it was because i need time alone and since no one can respect that during the day i no choice to shut my self off at night. Which started an argument. I hate it when DH goes through this phase, it seems to last longer and longer, but then every things good for a few months. Is it wrong that i visualize myself pushing him off a cliff??? LOL

On the plus side Kids are great, DS is up to almost 50 words now. DD is a champ!
Ka (27) DH (29) DS 9/10/08,  DD 6/30/2010

roni090909 responded:
I don't know how you haven't already! If that was my DH he would be a dead man. Its his house too and he needs to help out, especially if he wants something in return
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

jan21baby responded:
Yeah I wouldnt be putting up with it. My DB works 6 days a week 60-80 hour weeks but when he comes home I still expect him to help with DS a little! Its hard when youre taking care of a kid(s) by yourself all day long and then in your case with your health too. He should definatley get up off his @$& and help you!! GL!

Momma2Ethan responded:
Good grief girl! You haev your hands full! I would have already packed his bag and taken him to the cliff! LOL! Seriously, you need some help and he "helped" make those 2 babies! Good luck girl with your health and let us know!
Me(27) DH(27) DS(23m) 8.19.08

jlc78 responded:
I'm so sorry that you DH is being a PITA. I hope he gets his butt in gear for you. That would not go over well in my household either. Especially right after having #2. My mom came over every single morning for the first 2 months after I had #2 to help out. And that was with my DH also picking up slack around the house. Do you have any family or friends close by that could come over for a little while during the day so you can get some time to yourself? Hang in ther Katie. Things will get easier. Hope they can find out what's going on with you. Keep us updated!
Me (31) DH (33) and our beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Juniorsmama responded:
I am so sorry! DH and I have the housework arguement ALL the time. With #2 on the way things have changed alittle but not to what I would like. It sounds like I would have pushed my DH off that cliff with all of that going on. I hope things get better. Keep us updated on your health. Good luck

ad1978 responded:
Why is he even on your case about DTD at this point? It looks like it hasn't even been 6 weeks since you had DD??

KatieS83 replied to ad1978's response:
just had my check up, my doc cleared me a couple weeks ago, but said to wait until i was ready personally. Not to go into a lot of detail, but we had a very active bedroom life, he just doesnt get what a woman's body deals with after pregnancy. after our spat last night i think he's starting to get it
Ka (27) DH (29) DS 9/10/08, DD 6/30/2010

KatieS83 replied to jlc78's response:
Thats part my issue, i'm extremely worn out, the first week or so i was home there was work available, so he went to work (if he didnt we didnt know when there would be more work available), i was home alone with the kids, it was hard but i dealt with it, I dont have any family around at all, DH's family are about as useful as a football bat. I think with what i have going on with my health, and just being over tired, i think i finally burnt myself out lol. DH and i had a fight last night i let loose on him, and then we talked this morning, he says he will work on not being a butt head, so my fingers are crossed (even if its a 10% reduction in the buttheadedness i will be thrilled). I will most definitly keep you ladies updated, i go back on the 19th, Please to keep this off FB i havent really made mention of this as of yet.

ad1978 replied to KatieS83's response:
Was he in the exam room with you when your dr cleared you?? There is no way I'd tell him that I was clear to DTD if I wasn't ready yet!

KatieS83 replied to ad1978's response:
LOL no he wasnt in the room i havent told him yet, the one night i was going to, he started acting stupid so i kept my mouth shut LOL

jlc78 replied to KatieS83's response:
I clearly remember hitting a wall when DD was 6 weeks old. I think that's when the true exhaustion finally kicked in. Hopefully your spat last night did the trick with DH. And just remember, housework will always be there so don't burn yourself out with that stuff (if you even are). Turn on the TV and let DS watch a few shows to keep him occupied. Don't feel guilty about it either. It DOES get better. I promise!
Me (31) DH (33) and our beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

cduffy replied to jlc78's response:
Oh Katie, hang in there! I'm with Jamie on this one...let DS watch a couple of shows to keep him occupied. I NEVER thought I'd be a "TV" mom, but after DS was born, I've resorted to letting DD watch a show or two to keep her happy while I tend to DS or pick up the house a little (and believe me, I do mean a little). It has made my life much easier for the time being. And it does get better, just like Jamie said. Hang in there...I hope your DH gets his head out.
Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my pretty little pixie (born 09.28.08) and my dashing little dude (born 05.13.10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me Kristyn (23) DF Patrick (25) Tyler 11-19-08.....7lbs 9oz 20 1/2 inches... as of 18 month check up 27lbs 33.5 inches! I am a RMA @ pediatricians o...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.