Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not a good time to potty train!
peachyisthelife posted:
Man, DD chose a wonderful time to be ready to potty train. She'll be 2 this week. She's probably been ready for a month or 2 now but being 9mo pg and then having a newborn, there's no way I've been able to tackle that. I still can't! The baby is 3.5 weeks old and I'm far from getting enough sleep at night with of course no time for naps during the day. Not to mention the baby has to be held all the time. But DD loves to sit on the potty, tells me when she poops, and the big one that makes this a bit of an emergency-she keeps taking off her diaper b/c she hates feeling wet. And of course she does this when I'm feeding the baby and also in the middle of church! Oh help me. I guess I better start training her. I thought my life couldn't get any crazier but indeed it has. And I can't believe my baby will be 2 this week! I wish we could get a real fun cake from the store but DH's work has been so slow lately, we really can't afford it. We just do simple parties, though-make a yummy dinner and then invite some family over for cake and presents. She loves Chuckecheese, though....maybe we'll go there in the morning since we have tons of left over tokens we can use so we wouldn't have to spend any money.

If anyone has any ideas for making a cute cake for very cheap, let me know! She loves pink girly stuff. Oh and I can't decorate it with frosting myself, I just have to put things ON the cake lol.

Oh and if anyone has good tips for potty training let me know. I did my DS when he turned 3, so doing it at just 2 is pretty different. I have a feeling if we go and buy some pretty pink underwear that will help a lot lol.
Cathryn~~~Jared 4yo~Brooke 23 mo~Leah born in July 2010

roni090909 responded:
DS isn't anywhere near potty training yet but have you tried pull ups? That way she can't take them off when she wants to. I know the timing sucks but it will be nice when you only have one in diapers.

Happy Birthday to your DD!!
Me (30) DH (37) DS born 10/20/08 New Little Girl due 11/11/10

sarahann1978 responded:
I can't find the picture, but I did a princess castle cake for my niece when she was younger and it is super easy. You use sugar icecream cones to make the spires. I have made her a lot of cakes, and she still talks about her pink castle cake. Here is an example of one that is similar that I found on the web. I used little pink and white mints to decorate it instead of the multicolored candies.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn. I am 33 yrs old. I have been married to Chad who is 36 yrs old for almost 10 years. We have two boys. Brady is 5 years old and Travis...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.