Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my sweet girl...
MISSBUBBLEYAJG posted:
My daughter is so sweet, it sometimes makes me sad. Last night we were laying down and Im telling her "goodnight, love you" then I tell her "daddy loves you too(I do this almost every night, I promised him I would do my best for her not to forget him) So I say daddy loves you too, and she says pretty much clear as day I love daddy 2. It was so cute! Then a moment later, she goes "mommy Im sorry." I told her baby you have no reason to tell me sorry, theres nothing to be sorry about, I love you. Now I have no idea why she said this, which makes me sad.. I dont know if it has anything to do with daddy or what. She is usually a friendly girl lol goes up to random people but I notice with guys she pays a little more attention to. She has literally gone up to some and just sat in thier lap, well these are friends of family that had come over, but Celeste has never seen them. I kinda think it has something to do with they remind her of daddy, if its just the way they look does that make any sense? It kinda makes me sad.

mel07430 responded:
Awwww how sweet is she?? I dont know much about how babies/tots process that kind of stuff. Like does she get that he is not there or is she interested in the friends because they are different to her since she is not really with her dad much?

Does she get to see her dad at all? I know he is in prison so I dont know how that all works and what not.

(((((HUGS)))))
Melissa (36) DH (38) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 18 months old. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010 Blue Team!!!!

MISSBUBBLEYAJG replied to mel07430's response:
I dont really know to be honest with you. Its been a good 6months since hes been gone. When he was in jail we would go and visit, and now I show her pictures but I dont know what exactly she understands. The way I saw it was like these friends looked familiar to her as daddy or she misses the attention she got because he did play with her all the time and was there when he could. Im not sure, but I think about that night and I wonder why she would have said that...I guess thats why I call her my lil angel...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM/In-home daycare provider. It's going to be a crazy summer! I will have a 6 month old, three boys all around 2 years old, a 6 year old,...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.