Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how to stop my 18month old from being so agressive
coloradomom22 posted:
Agressive i have 2 kids my oldest is 11 and my youngest is 18months-and last month my older brother and his family... Posted by Anon_234121 i have 2 kids my oldest is 11 and my youngest is 18months-and last month my older brother and his family moved into our house while they were looking for a new one. Well my older brothers oldest son has add/adhd & at times can be very agressive exp. when he has "tunnle vision" where he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
well lately i have noticed that my son has become more agressive since they moved in & i really am unsure how to break this. he is my first boy so idk if its a boy thing or something he has picked up. I truely believe he has learned this behavior from my nephew. I miss my sweet baby who yes would have his moments by throwing a fit-but he wouldn't turn agressive. any advice??

reking99 responded:
Coloradomom22,
In order to stop the behavior in your son, you'll have to help control the behavior with your nephew. Sit down with your brother and share your concerns with him. He needs to help his son manage the disruptive and aggressive behavior. Just because your nephew has ADD/ADHD doesn't excuse him for aggressiveness. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Vicky and I am a licensed foster parent. Currently we have our first placement of a sweet young toddler who was born in May of 2010, he tu...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.