Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need advice on Anemia Symptoms for my daughter
hugh109 posted:
Can anyone out there assist in finding symptoms of Anemia in Infants? My daughter was recently diagnosed by a doctor as being weak and pale. My daughter was neither pale nor weak. She was just sleeping in her stroller prior to the doctor's examination.
I sincerely question this doctor's experience since my daughter is very healthy and active. Another doctor gave my daughter a clean bill of health just two days prior.
So I am curious as to the symptoms of anemia in 18 month old infants. Please help.

reking99 responded:
hugh109,
Here is WebMd's article on the basics of anemia: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-anemia-basics
Did your doctor do a blood test on your daughter? It's usually a small prick and they test the blood to check the levels of iron in her. Glancing at a person is not a reliable way to diagnosis someone with anemia. I would ask to see her chart to see the iron levels. Good luck!
Rosemary
Wife to Wayne
Mom to 6

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me Kristyn (23) DF Patrick (25) Tyler 11-19-08.....7lbs 9oz 20 1/2 inches... as of 18 month check up 27lbs 33.5 inches! I am a RMA @ pediatricians o...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.