Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need advice on Anemia Symptoms for my daughter
hugh109 posted:
Can anyone out there assist in finding symptoms of Anemia in Infants? My daughter was recently diagnosed by a doctor as being weak and pale. My daughter was neither pale nor weak. She was just sleeping in her stroller prior to the doctor's examination.
I sincerely question this doctor's experience since my daughter is very healthy and active. Another doctor gave my daughter a clean bill of health just two days prior.
So I am curious as to the symptoms of anemia in 18 month old infants. Please help.

reking99 responded:
hugh109,
Here is WebMd's article on the basics of anemia: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-anemia-basics
Did your doctor do a blood test on your daughter? It's usually a small prick and they test the blood to check the levels of iron in her. Glancing at a person is not a reliable way to diagnosis someone with anemia. I would ask to see her chart to see the iron levels. Good luck!
Rosemary
Wife to Wayne
Mom to 6

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Amanda and I have a wonderful husband of 13 years named Jason and 3 beautiful daughters-Jillian, Victoria and Kailee. I joined the WebM...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.