Skip to content
Got me worried - regarding my 2 year old grandson
slbsmith103 posted:
I have a concern that has escalated within the past few months. My grandson absolutely goes ballistic when we take his pants off to change a dirty diaper. He gets so worked up that he makes his body go rigid, screams at the top of his lungs and take quite some time to go back to normal attitude. He goes to daycare everyday and my fear is he may be abused while at daycare. Do you think there is any correlation between the two? What are your thoughts? What should we look for as far as symptoms, signs on his body? When my grandson has a BM, his rectum can get irritated and red? How can I tell if he is, otherwise??

sarah0323 responded:
I can tell you that I had a LO that hated diaper changes. He would scream at the top of his lungs and would try to throw himself out of your arms. His dad stayed home with him so I never worried about any kind of abuse. We just did the diaper changes as quickly as possible.

I would have a talk with his pedi if you are concerned about abuse. They will be able to tell better than anyone.

jamchale responded:
definitely discuss this with your doctor. Does the daycare report him behaving this when when they change him as well? If they say it doesn't happen I would be asking the doctor for an exam. good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me Kristyn (23) DF Patrick (25) Tyler 11-19-08.....7lbs 9oz 20 1/2 inches... as of 18 month check up 27lbs 33.5 inches! I am a RMA @ pediatricians o...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.