Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When should a 2yr old be expected to sleep in his own room?
grammyjoe posted:
Is it appropriate or in the best interests of a 2-yr child to sleep only with parents or parent and to shun a nursery with an age-appropriate crib or bed? What would Super-Nanny recommend?

mommyoftwo27 responded:
well i made the mistake of letting my oldest child sleep with me and my husband when she was a baby,n she didnt start sleeping by herself til she was 6,so with my youngest child,we let him sleep in a bassinet in our room,and now he sleeps in his crib,which is still in our room,but i plan on when he turns 2,im putting him in his own room.i hope this helped you some.

sarah0323 responded:
Each and every family is different. What will work for one family might not work for another. If the parents and child are happy with the family bed then there is nothing wrong with that.

I have had the same experince as PP when the children get older it is harder to get them to sleep in there own bed.

lettemommyof2 replied to sarah0323's response:
I had a fear of this with my son who is almost 19 months. Ever since he was born he has always slept by himself. From day one to about 6 mo old he was in a bassenet, And then went to his crib in his own room. I would just try to keep the child on a schedule and let them know each night that they need to sleep in their own bed

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who is in preK and Landon 22 months(11-12-08) who enjoys having mommy...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.