Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 19 month old is consistently whinning and crying out at night!! WHY?
jilldub02 posted:
My 19 month old daughter consistently cries out at night. Usually it seems for a bottle but she wakes up like every 4 hours not normal because she was sleeping through the night. I resently took her pacifier away and now she seems to be attached to her bottle...she has never asked for a bottle all night. What should i do?????

BabyTalkinLisaLand responded:
I wish I knew this one. My daughter is 20 months old and addicted to that binky. She is off the bottle now since a month ago but the binky is going to be a challenge. Unfortunately she wakes at night searching for it and cries but we are not taking it away until she's ready. I kinda think its cute when i hear that squeeky sound she makes sucking on it in her sleep. I keep telling myself to give her a comfort toy like a stuffed animal instead but i havent.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me Kristyn (23) DF Patrick (25) Tyler 11-19-08.....7lbs 9oz 20 1/2 inches... as of 18 month check up 27lbs 33.5 inches! I am a RMA @ pediatricians o...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.