Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

UNDER SIZED CHILDREN
    GRANDHAPPY posted:
    MY GRANDSON IS 20 MONTHS OLD WEIGHS 17.5 POUNDS AND 23 INCHES TALL, WALKS AND DEVELOPMENTS ALL APPEAR NORMAL, INTERACTS AND PLAYS WELL. TEST IN LOCAL HOSPITAL SHOWS NO PROBLEMS. MY CONCERN IS THE SMALL STATURE, NO SIGNS OF DWARFISM, UNLESS IT IS PROPORTIONAL. IS THERE REASON FOR CONCERN?[br>

bhodges0712 responded:
    My son is the EXACT same way. The only thing that has helped him put on weight is Pediasure (with fiber). He was 17.5 pounds from about 15 months to about 21 months. He will be 2 in November. It's helped him put on weight so maybe it'll help your grandson as well.

BabyTalkinLisaLand responded:
    Some people are just short. My daughter is 20 months old and she is under her ratio according to some chart her doctor shows me. She's short like her daddy, hes 5' 4". They constantly talk about her weight and health concerns but I don't worry about it. If your child is acting normal, then his body size is not going to stop him from his accomplishments. My daughter is little but climbs like she's a giant.

candi352 responded:
    My daughter is 18 months and she is only 16 lbs. I'm worried too because she hardly eats. She is really picky, but so active.

mamma800 replied to candi352's response:
    my 2 yr old had the same problem he was a preemie and they put him on the g-tube there are up sides and downsides to it. he is happier and it finally gave him the muscle tone to move more, he is crawling now and really wanting to walk.
    the downside is that he stopped wanting to eat by mouth because he's always full, we are having to take him to an OT to get him eating by mouth again. sometimes the tube comes out and makes a mess (we have had to change his sheets and him frequently)

candi352 replied to mamma800's response:
    My daughter is now 2 and still a picky eater. She weighs 20 lbs now. She starts her feeding therapy sessions today. I hope this works.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me-Jill (33), DH (37), and Miss Sarah (21 mos). She is amazing and I am so proud to be her momma.

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
    Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.