Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question
Msd88 posted:
Hi I have a 22 month old daughter. My question and problem is that she is breast feed and never used a bottle. she does eat food and drinks from a cups and sippy cups aswell. HOW DO I WINH HER OFF?

tseevers responded:
I breastfeed my daughter unlit she was over 2 years old, and she nver took bottles either, whinning is hard on both you and her. What worked best for us was slowly whinning off, I would cut off feeding that were least important, like the ones right before a meal or right after. And just slowly cut all of them out until I was down to the last one, which was the one at bed time. It took us awhile to get rid of that one, but after a few nights of tears, we were done! You could even use something that doesn't taste good, and then she might decide its not worth it. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn and I live in Boise, Idaho. I came to the boards when I was preggo with my son who is growing SO fast and already 18 months. We have b...More

Helpful Tips

Sunblock Expiration
Just an FYI/reminder: sunblock does expire! Some even only last a few months. So, if you're planning to use left overs from last season, it ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.