Skip to content
my grandson
skipper58 posted:
My grandson is 21 months old and he humps his hands for over 30 minutes. He stays with his father for 3 days and with his mother (my daughter) for 3 days at a time. I dont know if this is normal and I am w9orried

vanessa2727 responded:
This seems to be pretty normal. I am member of another website called baby center and so many babies do it. Most of the moms on there say not to punish him or her for doing it because that can cause issues with their self esteem. We interpret this the way we do because we are adults who have had sexual experiences or understand those movements to mean something sexual to us. To the baby he has just found something he likes. By the way the reason I looked this up is because my 16 month old started to hump my arm at night. His Dad didn't believe me when I told him until he humped his dads leg. His Dad is a great guy and my baby humps his hands and the dogs and tries to hump us. We just push him off of us and let him be. We do not want him to feel ashamed for exploring himself. I think its normal and his Dad most likely is wondering the something as you but may be too embarrassed about the topic to talk to you about it. IF you are worried about the Dad keep an eye out for bruises or physical harm. Otherwise I bet he is a good Dad. Baby is just exploring himself. I also know that not all babies do this. You probably raised kids who didnt hump and this seems scary but its pretty normal please do more research and check out baby center .com

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Amanda and I have a wonderful husband of 13 years named Jason and 3 beautiful daughters-Jillian, Victoria and Kailee. I joined the WebM...More

Helpful Tips

Straws & restaurants
Well wish I could take credit for this one but I can't. I think i saw it in Parenting magazine. Take a travel toothbrush holder and put ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 37 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.