Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
why does it hurt when im on my period
mrsnobodysgirl posted:
why is it only when I'm off birth control ill have my period for a month at a time and it hurts almost feels like a miscarriage but i haven't had sex for over a year should i go see a ob-gyn because this didnt start happening untell i had a dnc on Feb/21/12 and when i had that done i didnt bleed for 2 days straight affter the dnc and then on the third day i had blood clots the size of golf balls randomly start coming out and i went to the er i sat in a wheel chair while i was there i was there for 4 hours and was still bleeding when i got on the bed at the hospital the bleeding started to stop but it felt like it wasnt stoping then a few weeks affter that they had put me on the depo shot and the depo shot made me bleed 3 months at a time and i went with out birth control and when i had my period it hurt really bad and they put me on the patch. the patches keeped falling off at times so they put me on the pill .i take the pill every day regularly . i had not been able to get to the pharmacy . i started bleeding affter i had just had my period it stoped for a day and started up again a day latter. but it is causeing this pain on the right side of my ovaries.but iv had this pain happen before but only when im not on birth controll could some one tell me whats going on?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 17 years old and ive had my period for 18 days know and its the first time that it has happend i need help im scared :( :'(

More Members

There are no other member stories at this time

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.