Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dark Brown Spotting Replacing Period
averyb123 posted:
I'm 19, 5'3'', and 130 lbs. I have almost always had normal periods that happen like clockwork, I say almost because I had spotting once I started my birth control a year ago and once I got my period two weeks early, but those are the only abnormalities that I've had so far until recently. Since I am on the pill, I always get my period the last Tuesday of the month. This month, on the Thursday before I was supposed to get my period, I started to have dark brown spotting. I have never had this happen before. It is Friday night and the spotting is still going on. Normally, my period is over by Friday night, but I'm not sure when this is going to end. My period has been very abnormal this time; it's mostly been a mixture of the brown spotting and some bright blood and it pretty much only comes out when I go to the bathroom. No heavy bleeding - just enough to change my pad once or twice a day. I know that brown spotting is normal, but this has pretty much taken over my period and I'm not sure if that is normal or not. The period that I had last month lasted a little longer than usual, too, but only with the brown bleeding towards the end. That part lasted for a good day or two longer than usual. Also, I am living in a city far away from home for the summer, so could it be the stress of living somewhere new? I would love any insight or help because my mother had some ovarian problems and I would like to know if I should be worried or not. Thanks for any help!

sophylov responded:
Hi,
I'm Ms Sophy,
wish to be ur friend and share my investment plans with you,
write me thru my email ( sophypatrick221@hotmail.com"00F ) I will tell you more,
Ms Sophy.

Please remember to reply thru my email ( sophypatrick221@hotmail.com )

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 17 years old and ive had my period for 18 days know and its the first time that it has happend i need help im scared :( :'(

More Members

There are no other member stories at this time

Helpful Tips

WARNING!!! For all who undergo Transvaginal Mesh Implants ...
A year ago until now hundreds of thousands of women agreed to transvaginal mesh implants as treatment but the FDA says that "it is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.