Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
An End to this Madness?
cc1234 posted:
I am hoping some out there can relate and hopefully share stories of their recoveries from this bleeding/poor health madness!
I finally went back to the doctor after having my second 4 month long period in a 3 year time frame. I have been having many mild yet annoying health symptoms for the past few years that have mostly been brushed off or chalked up to something else. These include: wild periods, increased menstrual cramping (thank god for the muscle relaxors from throwing my back out), menopausal worthy hot flashes (did I mention I just turned 23?), inability to maintain weight without extreme effort, blurred vision, extreme dry eye, "the shakes" aka low blood sugar, fatigue (probably from all that bleeding!), frequent kidney infections, etc. When I went to my obgyn NP on friday and had 2 hot flashes, that soaked my little gown and allowed me to rip the paper off the table (it stuck to my ass when it was time to "scoot down", she finally said enough is enough and decided to run a battery of tests. I am supposed to hear from her on monday or tuesday to dicuss my blood, urine, and ultrasound tests. I am sort of anxious waiting for these results. Mostly I just want mt life back, is it too much to ask just to bleed 7 days every month as opposed to 28 days/month. And I would really love to be able to make it thru a run without chewing on a few glucose tablets, finally I want to stop being able to relate to my actual menopausal coworkers. I will update this once I talk to my NP.

cc1234 responded:
Take a minute to comment below how your life changed once you and your healthcare professional fixed your problems:

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.