Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleed for half hour after hard workout 3 weeks before expected period
An_253737 posted:
18 years old and I am sexually active, last time I had sex was 3 days before the occurrence. It was protected but only after the first minute. I went to the gym and ran hard for a long time, I felt like I was going to be sick after I ran so I went to the bathroom. And I threw up for like 5 minutes and then felt perfectly fine except for being tired. I went home & showered and I noticed blood in my panties so I showered and remembered that my period ended exactly one week ago. So I did used a tampon and the next morning I was going to change it but the bleeding had completely stopped. So I have no idea what this is. This was the first time in a while that I had gone that hard working out, but I did run the week before and workout, just not as hard. Also I have been under a bit of stress, but nothing out of the ordinary, & my sleep schedule has been a little screwy, but what college students isn't. Any comments would be appreciated! Thank you so much.

jjshanks responded:
Hi I am having this exact problem currently and have no idea what it is, I was wondering if you ever figured out what it was. Please let me know! thanks

mariejade replied to jjshanks's response:
Yes, I was fine. No pregnancy, regular times period. Everything was fine. I'm thinking I just had like some still in me from my previous period and my workout let it go. Not sure, but I am fine! Thank goodness. Best of luck to you.

Helpful Tips

WARNING!!! For all who undergo Transvaginal Mesh Implants ...
A year ago until now hundreds of thousands of women agreed to transvaginal mesh implants as treatment but the FDA says that "it is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.