Skip to content
Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
An_255096 posted:
Has anyone noticed a link between having their blood drawn and then a few days later experienced vaginal bleeding.

I've noticed this link for 30 yrs. each time I have a blood test I have this problem where I will begin to bleed vaginally.

It does not matter where I am in my cycle; if I am at the end of my cycle I will begin to bleed all over again. If I am in mid cycle I will begin to bleed then get my period at the regular time as well.

I don't mind getting my blood drawn. I am not nervous or anxious. It's not stress. As many doctors want to believe. This is not psychological. It seems to be hormonal.

Doctors don't believe that this is happening, mainly because they are the ones causing it.

When I stopped getting blood draws for many yrs. this abnormal bleeding stopped. I only got my periods once a month for a a few days. I still would have heavy periods but I no longer had "extra" bleeding.

Now that doctors have insisted I get my blood drawn I now have returned to bleeding a few days after the blood draw. I am sicker than I have been in 20 yrs.

If ANYONE has experienced this I would love to hear about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 17 years old and ive had my period for 18 days know and its the first time that it has happend i need help im scared :( :'(

More Members

There are no other member stories at this time

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.