Skip to content
This period is ridiculous!!!
karebear6981 posted:
Glad to see I'm not alone!! My whole cycle has been out of whack since Oxtober 2012 when Hurricane Sandy hit my neighborhood. I've had very light periods and sometimes very heavy or not at all. Over the summer I had such a heavy flow I was starting to worry but it got better. Recently, in December I had started to see blood right before Christmas and it only lasted a few days. Then after new years it started again and it's been very light and off and on.....it's annoying. Just when I think it's done...Suprise!!! I think it has a lot to do right now with frustration and anxiousness b/c things aren't still done at home and it's weighing a lot on me. Has anyone experienced a light period and sometimes a thick glob of blood appears? It was nice to see that others have dealt with this!! Glad there is this forum b/c there's no one really to talk to at home...

kns891 responded:
Irregular period is probably stress related.You could go ask your doctor to test your hormone levels and s/he could give you a more accurate answer about the random period. The thick glob is completely normal. Over time the walls of your uterus thicken in preparation for pregnancy. If you don't become pregnant the walls of your uterus will "shed" and thus a period begins. The globs is the shedding of the thickened wall of the uterus.

scarelet1997 replied to kns891's response:
Do you really think that is just stress?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 17 years old and ive had my period for 18 days know and its the first time that it has happend i need help im scared :( :'(

More Members

There are no other member stories at this time

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.