Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Feeling lost....so I blogged.
    sammers2121 posted:
    Hey everyone! My name is Samantha and my son struggles with ADHD. Because of problems with side effects from the meds, my son had to stop taking them and we had to find natural treatments. We found one that does help some ( just a regular omega supplement), but not as well as the meds. I started a blog about our day to day struggles. I don't know if it will help anyone or not. By reading it, maybe you will see something similar in your children that my son is going through. Maybe, you will have some pointers for me to help my son. I don't really know. I started the blog to keep a diary of the day to day struggles we go through and maybe with (some luck) we'll find something that works and will help others also.

http://amomsbattlewithadhd.blogspot.com/

motherofrob responded:
    Did the blogging help. Its hard to be a mom especially when your struggles are different than other parents.

sammers2121 replied to motherofrob's response:
    Well, it helps to have this stuff documented I think. That way I can look back at what worked or didn't work, what triggers him to freak out, etc. My husband and I just thought that maybe our expirience could help someone else someday.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
    Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.