Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
All Natural Medications
erykaj posted:
I have a question. Both of my boys are ADD/ADHD/ODD. I would like to try going all natural.

I was researching Synaptol (a liquid) and Attend (a mini pill). They both have been FDA approved. My question is what would be the side effects if I took my boys off of the concerta and intuniv if they are not a controlled substance and a non stimulant. why would I have to gradually take them off?

Please help because I am confused. According to WebMD, I am ADHD and I would like to try the Synaptol since it goes straight to the bloodstream. Safe enough for children too.

Boyzmomee responded:
If you are thinking of stopping your child's medication please speak with your son's doctor before doing so.

AbhAadi responded:
Hi,

Have you started giving your child Synoptol. If yes did it work?
Was threre any side effects.
Please share your experience to help other parents like me that will be a great help.

Thank you.

JMC12345 replied to AbhAadi's response:
My son was diagnosed with moderate ADD/HD last December at the age of 12. Since his bigger issue is the inattentiveness I decided to try a change in his diet (cut out lots of processed foods) and natural remedies before even considering a medication. I bought 4 bottles of Synaptol in August. I decided to try it myself to see if there was a difference in my focus. I did notice a difference. My son notices a difference as well. I am not sure if medication is stronger and I would not make changes until you consult your child's doctor, As far as side effects we have not noticed any. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.