Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
adhd, me, and low self esteem
kmshlmt posted:
Hi there. I am 27 years old, just lost my job in august due to not being able to pay attention, have no self esteem cause I am feeling like a failure. Always had a low self esteem through school, am havent figured out what i want to do with my life. Due to my low self esteem, I have lowered my standards for relationships. I am looking for jobs in healthcare, like to take care of people but dont love my job. looking for direction in my life. Any suggestions?

mattthecat responded:
kmshlmt I feel for you I have been where you are at now. When i found a career that made me happy two things happened at the same time I took a risk, I tried something new and i decided that if i ever do find the right line of work for me as long as the bills are paid and I could put food on the table i would go with what made me happy. For me it worked out well the some thing new i tried was security officer work and thirteen years later I am still loving my work for the most part. although i a have to admit with technology like computers alarm systems and cctv it challenging me more than i thought it ever would. I have had to make some sacrifices to keep enjoying it. Maybe you should do some soul searching and wright down on a peace of paper a list of all of the things you like doing along with what you think are your best attributes then see if you can come up with some ideas for a job that includes them. Also at some point and time you may need to talk to a doctor about your inventiveness and even get on medicine if it is ADD or ADHD.
Have you ever thought of talking to a career counselor alot of states provide career counseling free through the unemployment office I have herd that they have you take test to see what skills you have and then print out a list of possible careers that may suit you. I do not know how help full I have been. I do wish you well on your journey and hope you figure out what works for you soon.

Matt

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love problems solution baba ji +91-9888401510
Get all solutions in your life within 48 hours and with 100% guaranteed. With in astrology systematic call to guru ji +91 9888401510 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.