Skip to content
Asking for Advice/ Adult ADD
tklock1 posted:
Hello all,

I am recently out of the military (about a year) and am going back to college. I never noticed a problem in high school concentrating and did ok. A's and B's. However, I find myself now having a hard time really paying attention in class and especially doing my assigned reading. My mind really wanders and my eyes just roll over the words. I rarely remember anything I just read but I still am doing alright. I feel as though I am really having to work harder than I need to in order to do well. I am terrible at keeping times and am running late to class most days. And I find it very difficult to stay on task when it comes to just about anything. I am displaying most stereotypical signs of adult ADD. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me some feedback who might have been in the same situation and what you did or didn't do and whether or not it helped. I have been seriously considering getting tested but wanted to make sure this was the right thing to do. Sorry about the novel and thanks for any help.

tklock1 responded:
Also, my mind wanders incessantly, I continuously fidget, and find myself tired all the time. Thanks again.
mattthecat replied to tklock1's response:
Tklock1 I have never been to college but i have struggled with the symptoms you have described . I have created a post a while ago where those on the board that gave tips for dealing with the symptoms you have described I will bump it back to the top. You may want to talk with a doc there are medicines that can help to.


Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Very simple..
I am almost thirty and still struggling every day.. In my line of work Life and safety are at risk when I zone out. Recently, I have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.