Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vyvanse
lma33167 posted:
My son, who is 9, with ADHD has been on a nutritional/diet to treat the ADHD symptoms. Last 5-6 months, and WOW,Awesome results!!! NO artificial colors in his food, mostly organic fruits and veggies, and supplements for calming! So much better, no oppositional issues, getting along better in general. If you have not researched artificial colors, I urge you to do so. Despite the great changes, school remains a difficult place. Grades, and not feeling good about himself in the school environment. Darn it! Starting Vyvanse today. half a dose for a few days, to increase when school starts after spring break. Hopeful this will do the trick academically! Worried about appetite and sleep, because he does not do well without both. At school he thinks he does everything wrong, nobody likes him, and its sad. Self-esteem needs a boost! Difficult when he's called baby brain, and a loser. Have heard good things about Vyvanse, so praying it does the job.

Merrick123 responded:
I completely understand what you are experiencing...I have an 8 year old daughter with ADHD - she is on Focalin (school days only) and her ability to focus in class has been amazing this school year! If the Vyvanse does not work for your son talk to your doctor about Focalin. Good Luck!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.