Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This is a question that I was wondering if someone could please answer for me.
An_191307 posted:
I have ADHD and I find that I sometimes feel like I am going to "explode". I can't really explain (I guess I have a lot energy that I don't know what to do with)...Is there a way that I can get rid of all this extra energy that I have?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_170033 and welcome to the community. Please feel free to join our discussions.

Have your tried cardio exercises or weightlifting?
A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. Henrik Ibsen

IndianaHoratio replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes, I have tried those...I get tired but I still feel like I have a lot of energy.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to IndianaHoratio's response:
Hi IndianaHoratio,

If you are on medications, you can ask your doctor to lower the dose or take less in the evening.

MMA=Mixed Martial Arts has a very difficult exercise routine and my son loved it.

Are you looking to sleep better or to just get rid of extra energy?
A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. Henrik Ibsen

I am just trying to get rid of the extra energy. I get all tired out when I run around outside trying to get rid of the extra energy (I feel like I can hardly move after) but I still have lots of energy. It feels like I am being "driven by a motor".

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to IndianaHoratio's response:
Hi IndianaHoratio,

Do you take any medication for ADD/ADHD? If so, speak to your doctor about dosage times, and amounts.
Also, you may want to consider your diet. Caffeine or sugars may make you feel jittery. Exercising in the evening may also keep you awake and filled with energy.

Let me know if you need more help.

Lainey

I don't drink anything with caffeine in it in the morning. I should have mentioned that the energy just appears at different times of the day. I would be doing a quiet activity, and then all of a sudden I am bouncing in my seat.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.