Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
add
An_191316 posted:
hello i think i have add but im not sure is it safe to take aderol

ChristophorM responded:
It's up to your doctor, isn't it.

If you're getting Adderall through some means other than a prescription in your own name, you're not doing the right thing.

If you're getting the prescription from the doctor, then talk about your concerns. Why do you think the medicine isn't safe? What alternatives are there? What can I do to improve my life without meds?

These are all important things that you should clear up.

The worst thing you can do is just self diagnose and start taking meds you get from someone else. Then you don't have any control. You're just guessing. If you don't have ADHD, but you do have something else, Adderall might make it worse or do nothing at all or it might make you dead. Who knows?

ADHD is a serious condition that is similar to other conditions. The doctor will have a better understanding of the options available. They'll help you figure out what works for you. It takes time. You may have to try different things until you find out what works.

Good luck. Now go make that doctors appointment.

Chris

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.