Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Support in Tri-Valley area Alameda County CA
frenchiegb posted:
Dear Friends,
I am looking for adult ADD/ADHD support groups or professionals in or near the Tri-Valley area (Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton) in CA.

I have not been "officially" diagnosed YET, but have a long history of depression, anxiety, addictions etc, and recently took a number of ADHD self-report tests on reputable sites, such as this one, PsyMed, and a few others, and passed the tests with flying colors. Each test gave the same results - "There is a strong possibility you have adult ADHD. Please see your physician for an evaluation and treatment" - or something to that effect.

I would like to see a professional to obtain a diagnosis, and hope to find local support, preferably in a group setting, but if necessary a therapist. I prefer not to take medication, as I am already taking medication to treat my depression, and given my history of chemical dependency am hesitant to try any stimulant type medication. However, if it seems the best solution, am not completely closed to the idea. An additional side question: are there any ADD/ADHD medications that do not have the potential for abuse?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this note, and any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Gretchen

momuv4girls responded:
Have heard really good things about this place, http://www.behaviorquest.com/

I hope they will be able to help you!

((Hugs))
-Kathleen

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

I just wanted to remind you that we are not allowed to share health care professional names on this site.
Facilities are fine to recommend but not physicians by name.

Thank you for understanding.
Chrissy~ He who has hope has everything. - Proverb

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love problems solution baba ji +91-9888401510
Get all solutions in your life within 48 hours and with 100% guaranteed. With in astrology systematic call to guru ji +91 9888401510 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.