Skip to content
Adult ADHD
thatgirl93 posted:
I was wondering if someone could tell me if I may have ADHD. I have had some of the symptoms since I was little, but it wasn't until know that I've actually noticed it. I get bored really easily, even with things I do like. I also have short term memory problems usually. For example, I'll put my iPod or cell phone on the kitchen table, and then a few moments later I'll be like, "Were did I put it?" I'll go looking all over my house, and usually get fairly agitated, and then after searching for 10 minutes, I'll find it. I also get very impulsive and hyper at the worst of times. It gets so bad sometimes that it makes people get upset with me or even avoid me. This doesn't happen too much at school but lately it had. I did things out of my control and got in-house suspension and would throw food on the floor at lunch. The impulsive/hyper nature usually occurs at home and in public. I've told my mom that I think I have ADHD, but she won't even take me seriously, which bothers me. I've talked with others and they say I may have it. I'm going see a doctor to see if I have Asperger's but I want to ask my mom to have them check for ADHD as well.

artistjcbebe321 responded:
I understand how this feels. I suspect that I may have ADHD due to my impatience to almost everything, I am pretty much disorganized, most of times I feel stressed within myself that I want to do a few things and then I don't feel like doing it, and I am not that great with being on time, and I have quick tempers (but not that often because I control it but when I was young, I was so out of control). Now that my daughter reminds me so much of myself. She might has adhd as well, and I am seeing my counselor but what's strange is.. he has not notice me any different. I ll tell him about it. And my mom doesn't believe that she has any problems. I suspect that she might has it as well. If not, then it must be my dad! Ugh, no one is helping me except myself! >8(

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.