ADHD & Social Help
Unconditionally posted:
My son is now 18 he has had ADHD diagnosed since age 5. He has been on Meds the whole time & now takes Vyvanse for the last 3 years. He has always been a very loveing & careing adolesant until the last few years. He is haveing great difficulty with Social Skills with peers. I have always encouraged my son in anything he does. I have tried to help him but my ways have not worked for him. My heart breaks to see him struggle so much. He has always struggled to find his place in life. He is also very creative & very smart but has stopped doing & showing his creative side. Does anyone know of any organizations or ANYTHING that may help my son with socializeing with his peers & bringing his once loveing & creative side back?
suebre responded:
I wish I had an answer for you. I just wanted to sympathize. My son is 6 yrs. and has trouble making friends. Other kids find him too aggressive and loud. Sometimes he gets so hurt he cries. It really brakes my heart. I wish I could help him more. He is also very sweet, loving and creative. I don't want him to ever lose that. Best of luck to you!
Boyzmomee replied to suebre's response:
There are child guidance clinics and Family Services that provide group social skills training. Many kids with ADHD are so impulsive and immature they lack the social skills other kids their age have.