Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adult child with adhd
Anon_233752 posted:
My son has ADHD he is 25. When he is on aderall he is wonderful and has great focus. Lately he has not been taking his meds because he says he can't sleep. He is filled witty rage and I seem to be his mental punching bag. We are about to go on a vacation. All of us and I do not want him to come if he is not on his medication. Do I say this to him.? Should he be taking something to sleep. I think that might be a roller coaster. Help please,

Boyzmomee responded:
My 14 year old son, too, has difficulty sleeping on his Adderall. His doctor prescribed a small dose of Clonidine and now he is sleeping fine.

Why is he filled with rage? My son was tired and irritable from not sleeping but not filled with rage and mentally "punching" others.

Do you think something else may be going on in his life?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.