Skip to content
Need advice on 3 year old behavior
ACRoberts2003 posted:
GM all! I have never posted on here, but just ran across this group. I have a 3 year old son that his preschool is convinced that he is ADHD. They are having trouble getting him to sit in circle time, walking in line, etc. I have recently taken him to a psychologist and they did an IQ test. He has a high IQ and that is what the therapist thought was going on. Now, it is at the point that the school is calling me daily, I'm missing work to go to the school to 'get on to him'. Can anyone give me any ideas of how, if it is ADHD, to handle these behavior issues. The school called this morning after he had only been there an hour and a half, wanting me to come up there because he is being "obnoxious". I am at my wits end---HELP! Thank you in advance!

momuv4girls responded:
Maybe this school is not a good fit for your son ? Have you looked into Montessori schools in your area?

What is your son's behavior like at home? How does he do outside the home with you - like at the mall or a restaurant?

You know your son better than anyone, what do you think?

Lastly, you could look into having a really good, board certified Child Psychiatrist evaluate him if you think its an "internal" issue, like ADHD.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love @business@home@marriage@inter caste@vashikaran@problem solution baba ji +91-9815934087
@india best astrologer +91-9815934087 1. Business related problems.2. Husband and wife relationship.3. Be free from enemy / 2nd wife 4. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.