Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think my son may have ADD or ADHD...
An_240452 posted:
My son is 11 years old and just started middle school. He was on the honor roll every year, but his grades have gone way down hillso far this year! For a while now, ihave been dealing with his constant talking and excuse making, he does not complete a task,he's making simple mistakes on tests causing him to fail,can't sit still for more than 5 or 10 minutes,won't study,talks back, rushes to eat everything, bites his nails,and so on. He is 5'8 and plays football. He loves football, and plays very well. That is probably the only thing he will focus on , and do his best.He is very unorganized and loses things often. He also has to be reminded daily to do chores.
After many battles over homework, studying, and test grades and all the other things I have listed, I am really wondering if he may have ADD/ADHD. He has been in the same school since K5 as it is a private school. I have asked the teachers for help,but I beleive they think my son is just a disipline problem. At times I have felt like throwing in the towel, that he is just lazy,and does'nt want to try...but I really beleive that something else is wrong. He is a gifted smart boy who just cant seem to sit down! I know I need to take him to his pediatritian, but am very wary of doctors now days and the meds they prescribe. Can someone please give me some advise?
Thanks

Boyzmomee responded:
Did he have symptoms before age 7?

That is one of the diagnostic criteria.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love problems solution baba ji +91-9888401510
Get all solutions in your life within 48 hours and with 100% guaranteed. With in astrology systematic call to guru ji +91 9888401510 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.