Skip to content
What medications do your children take?
MOM2LDFX2 posted:
I am just wondering how other children are medicated and what seemd to work for everyone.
I have a 8 year old boy - he takes 60 mg Vyvance in the am and 15 mg Adderal in the afternoon. He has a hard time sleeping so we give meletonin (?sp). But he is very hard to focus in the mornings, almost to the point where I would rather just get him dressed myself. Any suggestions for the mornings.

Boyzmomee responded:
Mornings can be hard. We set up a very structured routine in the morning when my son was little. He's now 14 and follows it himself.

You can even make the schedule with your son and post it on the fridge or make one where he can check things off as he goes. You might have to do hand over hand assistance at first but praise any efforts he makes.

Last year my son began having trouble sleeping when his dosage was increased (due to growth and symptoms.) His doctor prescribed Clonidine and it has worked very well for him.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.