Skip to content
Sensory Problems
mommyiam1 posted:
My daughter is ADD. She is 11 years old and swwems to have problems focusing on things. She hears event he slightest sound in class and loses focus. I have a nephew with sesnory issues. Could she have them and who and how do I get them tested to help her. She is relly struggling in schooil right now, and her teachers are quite concerned. I have checked into a 504, but was told they were more for kids with physical or medical problems. Where do I go for help and who do I talk to to help her get the extra help for school. She has days she's seems on ( focusing) and others she's off ( her brain doesn't seem to be functioning.) I want to help her, but she will often not talk to me. Her self- Esteem is really low,and seems that to talk about it, brings i down more. HELP
momuv4girls responded:
When a child is struggling and is having a difficult time keeping up in school, I would recommend having a psychoeducational test done.

Here are some links to explore and read about:

Her school should be doing more to support her also. Once you have the educational testing done and find out what her specific needs are, by Law they must provide accommodations.

Keep searching for answers - your daughter needs your voice to help her through this!
Take care,
mottis responded:
think that i read here that sensory testing and also Quantitative sensory testing can be helpful.
good lucj

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to your doctor about correct doseages
I have tried many variations of adderall (10 mg, 20 mg, 20 mgXR, etc) It took me about 2 years of trying different variations, but I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.