Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
help with grandson
An_241397 posted:
my 3 year old grandson just started daycare and he does not sit at the table with other kids and does not want to drink from a regular cup also he takes off his shoes and pants nd wants to run around like this teachers do not want to take him outside like this mom trys with him when she ets him home but he refuses any help please.

Take the Poll

please can someone help with grandson?
  • maybe he has add
  • maybe he is spoiled
vote
View Poll Results

Boyzmomee responded:
He is a three year old boy. Little boys do not want to sit at tables and usually cannot do so for very long.

motherofrob responded:
It could be some other issue involved too. I would try another daycare program also. If things do not seem to progress then it may be necessary for him to see a developmental pediatrician.

Gina Pera responded:
I agree with Boysmomee: Some little boys (and girls) aren't overly fond of sitting at tables.

Whether the boy has ADHD or not is hard to say; too little information to go on.

But this idea of taking off his shoes and pants and running around.....could very well be he is bored and seeking some stimulation.

Could be ADHD. Could be that this daycare doesn't know how to engage young children.

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
Sounds like your grandson and daughter need to work on his behaviors. She will need to set limits at home and work with the teachers at daycare to develop a program for managing his behaviors. Three-year-olds can be diagnosed with ADHD and he may indeed have the disorder, but his behaviors will need to be addressed in either case.

Pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.