It is a fight to get my child to take her medicine EVERY day. I have tried EVERYTHING to get her to take it.Does anyone else have this problem and how do you get your child to take his/her medicine. My child is 7 years old by the way.
Have you tried the daytrana patch. My son who is now 8 would not take pills for me. It is only now that he will take some meds for us. The patch is a nine hour sustained release. I do find that the onset of the meds dose take about 1-2 hours thou. I generallly get up several hours early to place the patch. Some topical irritation may occur at the site.
motherofrob has already provided the first answer that popped into my head: trying the patch called Daytrana.
To consider other answers to your question, it would help to have more context. Is it that your girl has a hard time swallowing a pill? Does she now like how she feels when the medication is active? Is she generally oppositional?
While Daytrana would be a solution if your daughter is refusing her meds because she doesn't like swallowing pills. There may be other reasons. I agree with Gina's response below and would inquire as to why your daughter does not want to take her medication rather than just change to Daytrana.
Thank You for trying to help me. She does not swallow the pill we tried that at first and she can not do it. I open the capsule and sprinkle it on food ALL kinds of food I think I have tried just about everything you can think of. Hopefully her doctor will call me back soon so we can figure all this out.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.