Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier
WebMD

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine
WebMD

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion
    WebMD

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community
    WebMD

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

My 5 year old was just diagnosed with ADHD and was put on ritalin...
proudmommy32389 posted:
He was put on ritalin 2 weeks ago and started out at 10 mg once a day. Now, he is at 20 once a day. He started out ok, but the 10 mg wasn't dong what it needed to. His main problem was not being able to concentrate and focus in school and being distracted very easily. I seen small improvements at first, but now that they have upped his dose he seems to be having emotional issues. My son has always been a very happy child. He says he isn't mad or sad he is just upset. I asked him why and he says he doesn't know. My question is eventhough he has only been on it 2 weeks can he already be having the psychological issues that are a side effect? Or should I just wait the month out like his dr. said and see if things change? Please help I want my son to get the best and most help possible.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADD/ADHD vitamins nutrients that are especially important!
Resource- 3 stemps to conquering ADD/ADHD, by Jon Bennett - B vitamins - B6/B5 bananas, lemons, melons, spinach, squash, okra, ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.